1. Data collection
Personal data is any information that can be used to identify you, for example your name, email address and IP address.
Through your use of this website we may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you:
- Identity Data: Including first name, last name, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data: Including billing address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data: Including bank account and payment card details (collected and processed by Stripe but never viewed or stored by To the Mountains and Back)
- Transaction Data: Including details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data: Including internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website.
- Profile Data: Including your username and password, purchases made by you, your interests, preferences and correspondence.
- Usage Data: Including information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data: Including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
2. Collection of information
There are various ways you can provide us with personal information whilst browsing our website:
- Email/newsletter opt-in forms
- During transactions on our website
- Submitting a comment on a post
- Contacting us via our contact form
When you interact with our website we may also automatically collect technical information about your equipment and browsing patterns. We collect this data by using cookies and similar technologies. Please refer to section 6 for more information on cookies.
3. Usage of Information
Personal information is collected for the following purposes:
- Email/newsletter opt-in forms: To provide you with news from our website including information about our latest blogs and products
- During transactions on our website: To process an order you place with us
- Submitting a comment on a post: To answer any comments you submit on our blog
- Contacting us via our contact form: To answer any questions you have for us
Legal basis for collecting and processing this information:
- Email/newsletter opt-in forms: You will opt in or be asked for consent
- During transactions on our website: Your information is collected as part of a transaction contract
- Submitting a comment on a post: Your information is used only to answer the question you have asked and is not used for any other purpose
- Contacting us via our contact form: Your information is used only to answer the question you have asked and is not used for any other purpose
You can change or remove your consent at any time. There is an unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email that can be used to opt-out of correspondence from us. If you would like your personal information to be deleted or have a question regarding the personal information we store about you please contact Ceri Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Disclosure of Information
In some circumstances we may need to share your information with third party providers in order to process your information or assist in providing the service you have requested.
These third parties include:
- Payment processors (Stripe): To process your transaction and securely store your data
- Delivery providers: To enable delivery of the product you have purchased
- Email marketing companies: To collect and send emails/newsletters
- Product hosting platforms: To help you access free or purchased digital products
- Other website design and management services
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
5. Storage of Information
We will retain your data until you ask us to remove it or until we decide it is no longer required. All data is stored on industry leading external secure servers.
We have put in place all reasonable and appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
Our cookies do not store information that could be used to identify you personally, such as your contact details or financial information.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These are necessary for the correct operation of our website. These include cookies to enable you to login to secure areas and use the shopping basket.
- Analytical Cookies: These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our site and assess how these visitors interact with and navigate the pages. They help us improve the user experience and help us ensure you can find what you’re looking for.
- Functionality Cookies: These allow us to recognise you when you return to our website. We can then offer personalised content and remember your preferences.
- Targeting Cookies: These log your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you’ve followed. This is used to make our website and subsequent advertising more relevant to you and may be shared with third parties for the purpose of targeted advertising.
Cookies can be blocked in your browser settings at any time, but please note some areas of our site may not function as you would expect if cookies are disabled.
7. Your rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you have the following rights:
- The right to request to see and edit the data we hold about you
- The right of erasure of all data we hold about you
- The right to request restrictions on or to object to the processing of your data
If you would like to view, change or remove any of the personal information we store about you in accordance with your rights please contact Ceri Howard at email@example.com.
You have a legal right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
This website is not intended for use by those under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18 please do not interact with this website or provide us with any information. We do not knowingly collect information from those under the age of 18.
8. Data Controller
Ceri Howard as owner of www.tothemountainsandback.com is the controller responsible for your personal data.
We take all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of your personal information.
9. Third Party Websites
10. Affiliates and Sponsorship Disclosure
www.tothemountainsandback.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
To the Mountains and Back is open to forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, and other forms of compensation and/or projects. To the Mountains and Back will never recommend or write about products/brands that we don’t personally use or believe in. We will always disclose whether we are receiving any commissions or products for free.
We are not responsible for the actions of our advertisers or sponsors. If you purchase a product or service based upon a link from our website, you must correspond with that company to resolve any issues and not with our website. Any product, claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. Opinions and links on this website should not be treated as advice or an endorsement when purchasing an item.
Certain links on the website are affiliate or referral links. At no additional cost to you, we will earn a small percentage of the sale if you make a purchase through our affiliate link. Please ensure any products purchased using links from our website are suitable for your needs.
Last updated: August 2020